Monday, July 7, 2008

Spiritual Midwifery

OK...I am enjoying this book so much. It's farout and totally hip man. :) I really respect the way that Ina May deals with local physicians and hospitals, it seems as though she is slowly winning them over and they respect her work. I am also impressed with the amount of self educating that they do, reading medical texts and asking Dr's advice...they are trying to approach birthing totally different, but with wisdom. Great combination.
I do not buy into the pain free labor with making out sessions. It sounds as though there might have been some other external elements not mentioned to ease the pain of "rushes." ;) I do like the breathing technique explained...holding your breath at the top of the contraction, rather than pushing all you air out.
Interesting.
More on Ina May later.

No comments: